Ayurveda is a holistic system of medicine that has been around for centuries. One of the key principles of ayurveda is that of balance – or finding equilibrium within the body and mind.
Nutrition is a key part of this, and today we’re going to explore one aspect of ayurvedic nutrition – agni. Agni is your digestive fire, and it’s important to keep it strong if you want to maintain good health.
When you diet is balanced, body is balanced, you have a strong agni.
“When digestive fire is strong you can turn poison into nectar.”
Would you like to find out If your body in balance?
Take our quiz and find what you need to adjust. As part of Holistic Health course, we will share tips and look at some foods that can help boost agni, as well as some tips on how to create healthy meals using these foods.
Are you ready to learn more? Great! Let’s get started!
- Take a moment to pause and notice your breathing.
- Feel the air going in and out of your body.
- Observe how deep or shallow the breathing is
- Ask yourself: Is my digestion strong?
- Can you notice tension, pressure, unpleasant sensations in your body?
- Slow deep breathing… and guide your breath to go deeper
- Try breathing in for a count of 4 and breathing out for a count of 5 or longer
- If you notice your mind going away from breathing, gently come back to the breath, without any judgements
- With the next breath out Release and let go of anything that is not needed
or anything that is not helping you right now.
Remember that you have a choice!
Breathe, connect with power of choice and stay balanced.
If you’re looking to improve your health, Ayurveda may be a great place to start. This holistic approach to nutrition takes into account all aspects of an individual, including mind, body and spirit.
Our Holistic health course will teach you everything you need to know about the principles of Ayurveda so that you can start eating in a way that supports your health goals. Register now and join us on this journey to better wellness!