When you first start to meditate you struggle as you see meditation as a way to get somewhere. However one day you realize that you already are enlightened.
“Meditation can help you remember that you already are enough.”
Practices like Meditation help us cultivate the ability to be self aware, the ability to notice that we are getting off balance and then calm ourselves.
So let’s Practice.
- Take a moment to pause and notice your breathing.
- Feel the air going in and out of your body.
- Observe how deep or shallow the breathing is
- on a what is are you seeking today?
- Is there anything that is making you feel uncomfortable.
- Can you notice tension, pressure, unpleasant sensations in your body?
- Slow deep breathing… and guide your breath to go deeper
- Try breathing in for a count of 4 and breathing out for a count of 5 or longer
- If you notice your mind going away from breathing, gently come back to the breath, without any judgements
- With the next breath out Release and let go of anything that is not needed
or anything that is not helping you right now.
Remember that you have a choice!
That you are not your thoughts. You can at any time Pause, remind and guide your body to do slow deep breathing and be calm.
Consider learning Mindfulness meditation as a way to help calm down and reflect on the message.
Learn more about Mindfulness
Take our Mindfulness Masterclass
You can read more quotes on our ReflectandRespond blog:
Top 50 Inspirational Quotes.