We daily face challenges, run into situations that are difficult. Life and its challenges throw us off balance. Whether it is stress, anxiety, worry – what can help is our ability to Pause, breathe and stay calm.
“One of the best lessons you can learn in life is to master how to remain Calm.”
On days that I am grounded, I am able to deal with what comes my way and respond instead of reacting.
The days as an example, I have find time in morning to do my daily practices like stretching and meditation, I have easier time dealing with what ever life may throw at me.
Practices like Meditation help us cultivate the ability to be self aware, the ability to notice that we are getting off balance and then calm ourselves.
So let’s Practice.
- Take a moment to pause and notice your breathing.
- Feel the air going in and out of your body.
- Observe how deep or shallow the breathing is
- on a what is happening in your life
- Is there anything that is throwing you off balance or making you feel uncomfortable.
- As you think of this situation, can you notice tension, pressure, unpleasant sensations in your body?
- Slow deep breathing… and guide your breath to go deeper
- Try breathing in for a count of 4 and breathing out for a count of 5 or longer
- If you notice your mind going away from breathing, gently come back to the breath, without any judgements
- With the next breath out Release and let go of anything that is not needed
or anything that is not helping you right now.
Remember that you have a choice!
That you are not your thoughts. You can at any time Pause, remind and guide your body to do slow deep breathing and be calm.
Consider learning Mindfulness meditation as a way to help calm down and reflect on the message.
Learn more about Mindfulness
Take our Mindfulness Masterclass
You can read more quotes on our ReflectandRespond blog:
Top 50 Inspirational Quotes.