Do you ever feel stressed out, anxious, or down? If so, aromatherapy may be a great way to help you bring balance in your life.
Aromatherapy is a type of therapy that uses essential oils to improve your mood and physical well-being. In this blog post, we’ll discuss the benefits of aromatherapy and how to use essential oils to improve your mental and physical health. Essential oils can be used in a variety of ways, including diffusers, candles, bath bombs, and roller balls.
So if you’re looking for a way to reduce stress and anxiety and improve your overall well-being, consider giving aromatherapy a try!
– – –
You may also benefit from practicing holistic health which is a broad term that refers to a variety of health philosophies and treatments that consider the whole person, rather than just individual symptoms or body parts. .
Ayurveda is a holistic system of medicine that has been around for centuries. One of the key principles of Ayurveda is that of balance – or finding equilibrium within the body and mind.
“Once you understand how each sense interacts with the elements, it becomes easy to make intuitive and intentional decisions to restore balance“
– – –
When we take in an aroma, it immediately activates the hypothalamus.
This is the tiny organ in the brain responsible for regulating dozens of bodily functions, including temperature, thirst, hunger, blood sugar levels, growth, sleeping, waking, sexual arousal, and emotions such as anger and happiness.
Smell sends a message to “the brain’s brain” and from the brain to the entire body.
At the same time, the smell activates the brain’s limbic system, which processes emotions, and an area called the hippocampus—the part of the brain responsible for learning and memory. This is why just a faint whiff of certain smells brings back past memories so vividly.
So today lets look at balancing with Aroma
“Aromatherapy is a form of natural medicine.
When we smell a balancing scent, we take in its healing molecules. “
According to Ayurveda aromatherapy is way for us to balance and it is a relatively safe practice with few risks. And if you’re looking for an easy way to add a little wellness boost to your day, why not give it a try?
Different aromas can be used to balance the doshas
|You are||You are feeling:||You need:||To balance Utilize powerful scents:|
(space & air)
|dry, cold, distracted or not focused||Grounding or Centering||Use floral, fruity, sweet, and sour aromas, such as basil, orange, geranium, clove, lavender, vanilla, and patchouli|
(fire & water)
|fiery, hot||Cooling or soothing||choose cooling, soothing, and sweet aromas, such as sandalwood, mint, rose, jasmine, and lavender.|
(water & earth)
|slow and tired||Stimulating||Choose stimulating, spicy, and aromatic scents, such as eucalyptus, camphor, clove, juniper, marjoram, and rosemary|
- Take a moment to pause and notice your breathing.
- Feel the air going in and out of your body.
- Observe how deep or shallow the breathing is.
- Can you remember any scent or aroma?
- See what feelings it brings in your body or mind?
- Continue Slow deep breathing… and guide your breath to go deeper
- Remind yourself of power of choice you have, the power to pause, breathe and be mindful.
- Be Present and choose to stay with feeling or let it go.
- Ask yourself: What are the sources of aroma in my life?
What new sources can I bring to balance?
Breathe, connect with power of choice and stay balanced.
– – –
Follow this three-step process of neuro-associative conditioning to activate your body’s natural healing response.
- Identify a scent that you love—one that’s easy to access and balancing for your dosha type. Prepare to use it in the form of a candle, essential oil, sachet, or spice bottle.
- Whenever you’re feeling relaxed or at peace, or if you’re having a particularly good day, deeply inhale the essence of the aroma you’ve chosen. Gradually, your body will associate the pleasurable feeling with the aroma.
- Before long, the smell you chose will induce a heightened state of well-being. Then, whenever you want to expand those feelings of joy, calm, and harmony, you can breathe in that scent.
The three-step process of neuro-associative conditioning outlined above provides a simple guide for getting started. Have you tried using aromatherapy to influence your mood and behavior? Let us know in the comments!
_ _ _
Would you like to find out If your body is out of balance?
Take our quiz and find what you need to adjust. As part of Holistic Health course, we will share tips and look at some foods that can help boost agni, as well as some tips on how to create healthy meals using these foods.
Are you ready to learn more?
Start our Holistic Health course and we will share what foods to use to balance your body.
If you’re looking to improve your health, Ayurveda may be a great place to start. This holistic approach to nutrition takes into account all aspects of an individual, including mind, body and spirit.
Our Holistic health course will teach you everything you need to know about the principles of Ayurveda so that you can start eating in a way that supports your health goals. Register now and join us on this journey to better wellness!