2023 New Year
Simply breathe in and out in a ratio with out longer than in breath.
This form of controlled breathing is occasionally used as part of yogic meditation rituals. Inhale through the nose and exhale thru the nose.
To perform coherence breathing, do the following:
- Pay attention to your natural breaths to establish a baseline.
- Count the length of each inhalation and exhale.
- Get into a comfortable position to practice breathing in a synchronized manner.
- Take a four-second inhale thru the nose and a five or six seconds exhale thru the nose
- You can try to place one hand on your belly and the other hand on your back or heart.
- You can start by breathing out of your mouth to get the feeling and then close your mouth and internally make the sound as you breathe out.